Thursday, August 07, 2008

Preride at Mob the 'quab

I went south tonight to pre-ride this weekend's mountain bike race course at Lake Ahquabi in Indianola. This race is being put on by teammate Bruce Brown, so I wanted to help however I could.



Race Director Bruce leads the way.



Followed by his Dentist, "Chainsaw Al". That is one cool knickname. And Al is a pretty cool guy.


This is the way like to roll - Having fun watching the other guys do the work.




Apparently its contagious.
I'm just kidding. Bruce has put in a ton of work to get this race to happen.



This is the best way to end a ride. This is what mountain biking is all about!

4 comments:

BB said...

I enjoyed the pre-ride.

Ask me how my right arm is feeling today? I pounded in 175 wooden stakes in the hard as rock ground to mark the course. I've got another 75 stakes to pound in tomorrow. Maybe Nick will be up for the hammer job while I rake and do barrier tape and signs.... '-)

Paul Varnum said...

Yikes! That should take care of it. Thats probably the reason that many race promoters to race. By the time the race starts, you've got nothing left in the tank.

Paul said...

Paul, time to come out of your basement for an update! %^)

I should be good to go come Seven Oaks. Feeling better everyday.

Godfather Marco said...

Cross Mafia is on. Thanks man.

www.cyclocrossmafia.blogspot.com