Thursday, November 15, 2007

Quiet Time

There has been a minimum of posting lately because, well, this is a biking blog and well, I can't ride a bike right now. I'm actually enjoying the forced time off the bike, and am healing well. I can tell that the bones have bridged together, I've stopped wearing the sling, and and I'm back to a realtively normal life (except for not riding a bike).

I've thought about getting on a trainer, but there will be plently of time for that later. For now I'll just enjoy my time off.

3 comments:

BB said...

Always a good time to read some books, catch up on a project you've wanted to do (that won't involve your collar bone of course), cook, etc... .

Buy the way, I referenced you on my blog for a specific weight lifting routine. ;-)

Carney said...

I think I read somewhere that in order to ease your arm back into cycling condition you should do a considerable amount of light weight lifting. I suggest starting with something around the 12 oz size and maybe work your way up from there!

Paul Varnum said...

Bruce and Carney -

Lots of good ideas! The biggest issue lately has been that I've been doing lots of chicken wing curls, pizza curls, and cheese curls. How does that old wive's tale go? Starve a cold, feed a broken collar bone? Something like that anyway.