Saturday, August 11, 2007

Farewell Hollow Supplanter


I went for a ride this morning with Cory, Alex, and OP as a way to say farewell to Cory. He is leaving for Oregon tomorrow morning to follow his dreams. I admire that.

I remember first meeting Cory nearly two years ago. I was headed out on a training ride with another guy. We ran into Cory as we were leaving town, and invited him along. It was on that ride that I found out that Cory and I worked at the same place.
A short time after that I saw him posting on MTBR about TransIowa, and I suggested we do a few training rides. He was also the one that inspired me to start a blog.
It is sad to lose a local ridding buddy, but great to see him going out in to the world to seek his fortune. Such is life living in a college town. Sigh . . .
Good Luck Cory!

4 comments:

Travel Gravel said...

Paul, I am starting to wonder about Sunday. It looks like at least a good chance of rain Saturday and /or Sunday, and my wife has just come home from double hernia surgery today. Needless to say, I might not be going. BUT I AM NOT SAYING NO YET! If you have a few minutes give me a call at work Saturday. 1-800-383-3030. Leave a message if I don't get to the phone right away. Thanks and talk to you later. Squirrell is talking about maybe doing 7 Oaks Sunday as an alternative to S.B. Might be good? Later!

Paul Varnum said...

I've heard that the Sugar Bottom folks are pretty picking about the trail conditions, and we won't be racing rain or shine.

If we're racing, I'm going. Nick Wooley is also riding with us. I'll call you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

paul...im back in ames now...ive somehow lost your email addy so hit me up sometime if you wanna ride

bry99_99@yahoo.com

Paul Varnum said...

Bryan -

Cool. I did the Thursday night BW ride last week, and I might go up to the WC next Wednesday, if you are interested. I'll send you and e-mail.